YOUR HEALTH MATTERS!
Intuitive Mother Midwifery, LLC is committed to patient safety and has been staying up-to-date with the coronavirus pandemic and the ever-changing conditions in the Central PA region. In alignment with CDC guidelines and in an effort to assist families in navigating care while supporting social distancing, we have made some changes to our practice.
It is our responsibility to attempt to limit families' exposure while also protecting ourselves, so as to be available to work through this pandemic. We have taken extra precautions to limit our own exposure so as to be available to our current clients, and we are making ourselves available to attend to a limited number of late transfers for LOW-RISK expectant mothers who wish to prepare for a homebirth.
Homebirth is an excellent option for low-risk pregnancies at this time. If this is of interest to you, please schedule a face-to-face consultation with the midwife. This initial consultation will be a telehealth video-call meeting. Please read the following for more information.
1) We are using a combination of online telehealth and in-person meetings. In order to provide complete prenatal care, we are making both options available for you. While social distancing is encouraged, the need for prenatal care is essential. By combining telehealth and in-person appointments, you can be assured that we are providing you with the care you need while minimizing your exposure to a medical facility.
2) We are asking that in-person appointments be attended alone or with a maximum of 1 support person. Please do not bring children except for babes in arms.
3) We are offering online childbirth education sessions, and these will be scheduled and listed on our website. Check back soon for details.
4) We will be teaching our clients some basic self-care to maintain health, prevent infection, improve wellness, reduce anxiety during this uncertain time, and prepare for a safe birth.
5) We offer telehealth prenatal care for ANYONE. You do not need to be planning a homebirth to benefit from midwifery prenatal care. This allows you to maintain a prenatal schedule while avoiding a medical facility. The midwife can meeting with you face-to-face, as well as schedule labwork and ultrasounds, assist in childbirth education, and help you prepare for labor, birth, and parenting. We maintain your prenatal records and can later transfer them to a facility or care provider of your choice. If you live in Central PA, you may even choose to have a homebirth with us.
30-minute face-to-face telehealth prenatal with midwife - $45
60-minute face-to-face telehealth prenatal with midwife - $75
Late Transfers (after 34 weeks, with a history of and records of prenatal care) - $3000 (includes prenatal office visits, 1 prenatal home visit, birth attended by midwife and an assistant, 2 postpartum home visits, birth certificate filing, and PA State Newborn Screening)
Complete Midwifery Package - $3500 (complete prenatal through postnatal care, including 7-9 prenatal visits including a combination of telehealth and in-person appointments, birth attended by midwife and a trained birth assistant, your essential birth kit supplies, 2 postpartum home visits, postpartum office visits up to 8 weeks, birth certificate filing, and PA State Newborn Screening)